Re: LF: active antenna output termination?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: active antenna output termination?
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 18:31:29 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Roelof,

So, this is the drawing (fasten your seat belt): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19882028/LF/DK7FC%20LFMF%20RX%20and%20RXantenna.png (2.2 MB)

You see, there are 2 receivers connected to the cable in the shack. So i can monitor LF and MF to the same time. The LF RX provides the DC supply for the probe. The RX is supplied by a normal transformer DC supply which makes a galvanic decoupling. In front of the transformer there are EMC filters and so on, to decouple this from the mains. The output of the RX is fed to the PC via a audio isolating transformer.
The MF is RX is there since a few days and is so far running on batteries.

The 50 Ohm in series with 1 uF is what i will add in a few minutes. This should correctly terminate the cable in the shack since both receivers have high inputs, such as a probe of an oscilloscope. However, if looking sharp to the image you will see that there may be a problem from the LF RX That's input short cuts a frequency, depending on the resonance of the 100pF C and the L... Will see...

73, Stefan/DK7FC