Re: LF: active antenna output termination?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: active antenna output termination?
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 15:51:22 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Stefan
I am not convinced that these type of Active probe antennas are suitable in
an environment where there is a strong noise source or other strong adjacent
signals present on the same band.
A better idea is a passive type antenna as large as possibe without preamps
and suitable attenuation if required and a good Receiver
Even a modest sized loaded vertical gives enough signal capture, has hi-Q on
the frequncy of interest when resonated followed by a good well designed
sensitive RX
This is my approach and it works well although my radio environment is
Quiet. A uProbe might work for me but I do not need one!!
gl de mal/g3kev