Re: LF: active antenna output termination?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: active antenna output termination?
From: Hideho YAMAMURA <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 22:06:40 +0900
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=nifty.com; s=mar2011msa; t=1349874524; bh=/XBGKC5gJdQvtLr33eoNpoa1Ql8JQgd39mzFLv8R76Q=; h=Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:MIME-Version:To:Subject:References: Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=S765/0r1DhLkPYBge2R4LQdfTQ8b5CVQJLp/jC3civZCNbNaMG1T8mhFz4PWqkazB 74HgcSatpxMlkdXKb9BpruINCUxGFT84EVUBcueS/ZNZRElshVdDoyP+JJQ6yTeVZV egc8Z4VV6n5eWh0k5tws8vHRKcDvRhPm6jlHDkDk=
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Stefan,

Did you try feeding with battery ?
Also, an isolating-transformer between the power-feeder and RX ?

I experienced 1-2dB drop of noise level with the battery,
and small improvement with the transformer.
(no IM experience though)

Perhaps these may help you further finding the cause of your problem.

73s,

Hideho YAMAMURA, JF1DMQ

Stefan Schäfer wrote:
Thank you Claudio,

I will consider that when the probe is down from the roof next. There are a few dB in reserve, i'm still far away from the RX noise. But now it looks much better! Still some IM but only a little. Taking into account that AFN is arround, that's a positive result. If there would be oscillations on the output of the probe, then i would see them across the 50 Ohm resistor in the shack, at full amplitude, right?

73, Stefan/DK7FC