Re: LF: active antenna output termination?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: active antenna output termination?
From: Claudio Pozzi <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 19:07:56 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
On Tuesday 09 October 2012 19:28:33 you wrote:
> Thank you Claudio,
>
> I will consider that when the probe is down from the roof next. There
> are a few dB in reserve, i'm still far away from the RX noise.
> But now it looks much better! Still some IM but only a little. Taking
> into account that AFN is arround, that's a positive result.
> If there would be oscillations on the output of the probe, then i would
> see them across the 50 Ohm resistor in the shack, at full amplitude, right?

case 1, Oscillation:   you are right

case 2, instability:   appear as overshoting or ringing response at step or
pulse. See the attached image.

Sometime instability became self-oscillation if load impedance change a
little, e.g. no oscillation if the load is a pure resistance and strong
oscillation if the load have some reactance.

73
Claudio ik2pii

p.s. See also the M0BMU preamplifier schematic output transistor in "Bandpass
Receiving Loop Antennas".

--
Claudio Pozzi  -  Happy Linux User  -  http://www.qsl.net/ik2pii

 --
 Caselle da 1GB, trasmetti allegati fino a 3GB e in piu' IMAP, POP3 e SMTP
autenticato? GRATIS solo con Email.it http://www.email.it/f

 Sponsor:
 Vuoi fare un regalo davvero originale? Su MisterCupido.com troverai centinaia
di IDEE REGALO per tutte le tasche! Consegne in tutta Italia in soli 2-3 giorni
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=12387&d=11-10