Re: LF: EMI...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: EMI...
From: g3zjo <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 14:53:56 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

On 13/10/2012 13:31, Stefan Schäfer wrote:

no chance in the UK to complain about the QRMing TV to an authority? Here in DL, we can monthly read in our club magazine how amateurs force their neighbours to switch off devices producing EMI to them...

73, Stefan

No Stefan, money talks.
The big manufacturers have got their TV's, Computer PSU's and Power Line Wifi devices passed despite them being above the permitted radiation levels. Amateur Radio is not a protected service, so, unless the device is causing interference to Broadcast or has a fault causing interference greater than the manufactured level you are stuck and noise levels just rise all the time.

There are several Panasonic Plasma TV's round here, several thousand pounds worth, if it was possible I would complain about them all and have them all scrapped. I can't even QRM the things.:-(

Of course there are exceptions, some PLT devices have been replaced for wireless devices free by BT who should have known better and not installed them in the first place. The RSGB even started collecting donations for a private fighting fund to take the authorities on in a court of law re PLT.

73 Eddie