Re: LF: Re: Re: Re: DK0SWF antenna

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Re: Re: DK0SWF antenna
From: wolf_dl4yhf <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 00:58:30 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

John,

you wrote:

Calling CQ ad infinitum, while also 60Hz higher I also copy DF0WD calling CQ too. I assume neither station can hear each other?
<

Of course I could hear DK0SWF calling CQ about 100 Hz away. But I had given up, finally, after trying for the umpteenth time to get a response from them. As Mal and others already noted, their signal was incredibly strong, but they must have had a very, very serious problem with their receiver. Maybe they should have asked the SWF (Südwestfunk) to close down some of the transmitters in their vincinity ? Oh well. Hope the pilots in Poland were not too irritated by the powerful signal, which even beat DK7FC's signal by far !

Despite all the trouble, I was positively surprised to make a QSO with OM1II, whom I heard earlier on, but didn't want to add to the confusion on the semi-official "calling frequency" (472.5 kHz). Also thanks to G3KEV, DK8KW, DJ2LF, and DF5QF for the nice QSOs. OZ7FOC was partly audible, but difficult tonight.

73,
  Wolf  DL4YHF / DF0WD

While I applaud any new MF activity, I wonder why, if DK0SWF are unable to receive efficiently on their antenna, they call CQ?

Surely if this is a "one time" opportunity to transmit from "SWF" and reception is impossible they could do something else with the time on the air. A WSPR transmission for the same length of time would gather much more usefuly information than calling CQ with no hope of hearing any replies?

John
GM4SLV
IP90gg
Shetland Isles