Re: LF: Re: Re: Re: DK0SWF antenna

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Re: Re: DK0SWF antenna
From: Holger 'Geri' DK8KW DI2BO W1KW <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 00:47:18 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
John,

 A WSPR transmission for the same length of time would gather much more usefuly information than calling CQ with no hope of hearing any replies?

I think it all depends on what we expect to get out of our amateur radio activity. What would a WSPR signal reveal other than that what everybody who ever had talked to the marine guys already knew: that a MF signal can be heard a few thousand miles away.

Here we have a group of people setting up a fieldday station under less than optimal conditions, not experienced with MF operation at all yet - and had trouble to receive - so what? How long did it take us "experienced" guys to be where we are today? Did it really kill some 'valuable' QSOs tonight that we will never have another chance to have again? Just relax, the band is still there tomorrow, sooner or later we will all have contacted each other numerous times, in CW, WSPR, QRSS or whatever mode.

By the way: I had a QSO with Bert, DF2PI who was operating DK0SWF this evening, and I was able to hear and feel his excitement to explore a new band.

Did we all forget on how we started, on how we had to make our own experiences when we began and what fun we had?

73

Geri, DK8KW & DI2BO