Re: LF: An "LF-reflector" Yahoo group instead .....PLEASE

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: An "LF-reflector" Yahoo group instead .....PLEASE
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 01:08:21 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

I'm interested in LF. I don't have the equipment or the space.. for LF operation <<<

Well  that  ain't  necessarily so  as  the  song  says

With the advent of modern QRP operations , with 500 mW in the Ae and 500 watts in the PC , operating at LF is no longer shrouded in mists of ego geometry Ae systems !

Many of the stations on 500 are using for transmit , what could best be described as 80 mtr inverted L's , with 30 to 40 feet vertical section and either a parasol type of Capacity hat or as much wire as possible in the horizontal section , Gary used his 35 ft top loaded 'Parasol' the cross the Atlantic on 136 K, at the first attempt using the Opera beacon, with a couple of hundred watts , using my 35 ft top loaded inv L on 500 ,( 40 x 20 ft back garden) I managed this >> http://rosmodem.wordpress.com/2011/02/14/the-blue-ribbon-fastest-live-data-to-cross-the-atlantic/ << using a similar power .

Reception by way of the outstanding Mini-whip from Rudolf , or the main Tx Ae Offer more than adequate Rx performance , keeping in mind it's the s/n that's important and not the uV/ Mtr

You never know  till  you  try it !

73 -G.