Re: LF: An "LF-reflector" Yahoo group instead .....PLEASE

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: An "LF-reflector" Yahoo group instead .....PLEASE
From: Alberto di Bene <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 18:52:39 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Z-usanet-msgid: XID304qeyq1r8496X21
On 5/25/2012 12:16 AM, Andy Smith wrote:
I see where you're coming from, but there's probably more than me on
here who are just lurkers, and we'd be excluded because we don't post.
?????   If you don't post, nothing bad will happen... nobody will prevent you from reading
the messages on the group...  Alan has already clearly explained this.

And if in your introductory message you are clear enough about your interest in LF, for example :

"I want to join this group to learn how to build an LF loop"

you will be accepted without being put into moderation.

But, if your message says :
"Cool group, please accept me"    (and I receive from time to time such requests for my groups...)

then my rule is to accept you, but you are put in moderation status.  Only after a couple of
legitimate messages from you showing interest and competence in LF the moderation is lifted.

And for all those paranoid enough to refuse to have a Yahoo account, that want only
to be able to read messages, without desire of posting, there is still another possibility.

The group can be configured as half-open, meaning that you are required to be a member
if you want to post, but everybody can read the messages, even without being logged
on to Yahoo.

The Blacksheep reflector was and is a valuable resource for the LF community, but
the lack of a file deposit area, and the lack of the possibility of searching past messages
to find if/when a given topic was discussed, are sorely missing....

73  Alberto  I2PHD