Re: LF: An "LF-reflector" Yahoo group instead .....PLEASE

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: An "LF-reflector" Yahoo group instead .....PLEASE
From: Alberto di Bene <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 19:17:30 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Z-usanet-msgid: XID472qeXRRh7040X23
On 5/24/2012 6:33 PM, g3zjo wrote:
Why not go for it and start it yourself.
We know some will not move so it will be an additional facility. Please make sure it is has no taboo, f
frequencies, modes, opinions, or subjects rules, and no childish sulking.
Another suggestion is to not make it an open group, meaning that each request for membership should be
accompanied by a very short introductory message explaining why that membership is requested.
Then the moderator(s) of the group will decide whether to accept it or not.  I suppose the same is done
presently with the Majordomo mailer.

And, if that introductory message is convincing, but up to a point... then the moderator can accept the individual,
but putting him in moderation status, meaning that every message from him must be examined by the moderator(s)
before being published.  The moderation status can be removed after a couple of legitimate messages from the guy,
showing that he is not a troll or spammer.

I use this method on my soft_radio  Yahoo group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soft_radio/
with more than 2300 subscribers, and, if memory serves, I had just a couple of cases where a spam message
got through in more than 8 years of the existence of that group.

73  Alberto  I2PHD