Re: LF: An "LF-reflector" Yahoo group instead .....PLEASE

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: An "LF-reflector" Yahoo group instead .....PLEASE
From: Alberto di Bene <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 18:03:10 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Z-usanet-msgid: XID478qeXqDN4128X21
On 5/24/2012 4:32 PM, Roger Lapthorn wrote:
You can post to a Yahoo group by email or via the group website. Likewise you can receive posts as emails , a daily digest email or just look at posts on a group website which is what I prefer being a member of several Yahoo groups. Honestly, this move is a no brainer IMHO.
Agreed. I manage three Yahoo groups, and the effort required is truly minimal, and you have all the advantages already reported
by somebody else in a previous message.

I have set Thunderbird so that it logs on automatically to the Yahoo groups I subscribe, download new emails, and shows them to me
in my regular Inbox.  The same is for posting / replying.  I just press the Reply button of Thunderbird, exactly as I am doing now for the
RSGB LF reflector.

And, while it is rue that in the past years having an account at Yahoo meant being submerged of spam messages, today this is no more true.
Yahoo took adequate measures against that, giving the numbers of complaints on the subject.

Frankly, I don't see a single reason why to not migrate to an Yahoo groups.  The sole fact of having a messages archive would overshadow
any possible minor inconveniences there would be in the migration.  But I am confident there would be none.

My 2 cents.

73  Alberto  I2PHD