Re: VLF: Local VLF tests...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: Local VLF tests...
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 19:33:40 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the grabber!
No one detected this signal so far, not even Paul Nicholson. I promise to rise the signal at least 20 dB very soon again. All pretests are satisfying.

73, Stefan/DK7FC

Am 10.04.2012 16:12, schrieb PA1SDB, Peter:
Hello Stefan, all.

>BTW local tests: Marco, the transmission is still going on! I am in Darmstadt for some days and the small VLF generator generates
>very little power on the fixed antenna, just in the range of a few uW, probably close to 1 uW. But i will QRO soon.Anyway,
>don't hestiate to try to receive something. In a few days i will change to real DFCW-60000 / 47 uHz.
>Now the 2nd experimental grabber should work as a reference, displaying my local test.

Very usefull this 2nd grabber. I use it as a overlay in a painting program to see if pixels match. Unfortunately no sign of your signal here in the Northern part of Holland.
But I stay tuned :-)

The Sign's of Henny PA3CPM are still clear visible in the grabber during the 1 and 2 April transmissions.
http://www.qsl.net/pa1sdb  (in the 47 uHz window at 8970.000 Hz)

In the mean time I did increase antenna hight of the "Mini Whip"  antenna from 6 to 7 meter AGL and a few meters more distance from the home.

G3KEV wrote:
> What new comers want to hear on these bands is CW QSO mode not even beacons

What I like (as newcomer) is just a carrier. Does not have to be on air 24/7.   But I like to have signal to compare experiments.
Henny his signals around 1 and 2 april was more than welcome.

Is'nt it possible to use that SAQ antenne for a Beacon when they don't use it ?

73's, Peter - PA1SDB