VLF: Local VLF tests...

To: [email protected]
Subject: VLF: Local VLF tests...
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2012 15:22:25 +0200
Cc: Paul <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]

VLF,

The last nights test was successfully done without phase glitches in DFCW-600 for many hours, see http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19882028/VLF/600RDF.jpg I did some changes on the LOPT PA, thuis the interruption at 23 UTC.

The ERP must be in the range of 2...3 uW, very weak. Anyway i want to tell you that i switched to DFCW-6000 now. The goal is to check if the system runs without phase glitches now. Also i want to transmit my full call in DFCW-6000 for the first time.
The QRG is centered at 8969.98000 Hz. The DFCW shift is 3 mHz.

There is a chance to receive that signal in a radius of about 50 km i think. How knows, maybe i'm wrong and somebody can do miracles as we've often seen in the past...

A few weeks back a physics master student from the university of Darmstadt contacted me. His thesis has to do with VLF and so he found my adress in the web. He is observing NAA and propagation phenomena. A colleague is observing sferics... They have installed a E field receive antenna (which works worse than most Dreamer's antennas :-) ). I've been on the phone with him for 2 hours and told him about our work. Since he is in a distance of roughly 60 km, maybe he can receive me in 6000. He already announced his interest. Maybe we can start to do some work with reasearchers, who knows ;-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC