Re: VLF: New test from Heidelberg on 8970.005, on air

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: New test from Heidelberg on 8970.005, on air
From: Chris Dillon <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 11:37:41 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Stefan and Markus

Stefan - The antenna is an e-field probe about 4m high with a pre-amp to your design - I've modified the filter very slightly to bring up the gain a little around 9kHz. The probe is a few metres away from the house to cut down on noise. I'm in a small village about 6km east of St Neots in Cambridgeshire - the garden and antenna happen to be next to the small village church and graveyard - whether this has any effect on the signals I'm not sure but the neighbours are quiet! I can now see the start of your DFCW-600 message.

Markus - I wondered if the upper trace was you - so very pleased that you've confirmed.

I'll continue monitoring and will post more screen shots later. Congratulations to both on excellent signals.

73 Chris G3WCD