Re: LF: RSGB Membership - Bit off topic.

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: RSGB Membership - Bit off topic.
From: M0FMT <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 12:21:31 +0000 (GMT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1330690891; bh=asZRHySu/qRYz7PdylYCDfC8x/kZnPbD9z5vu5SOI7g=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=Q+rlk5tBl7UL9Yj2gQnm7FujRoLB+GhkAEU2JC4cuXhUagMSU4/SZnAy5z8eR1jzWQUhMYZV4uMve+/oBG+wm0HDwQe3b4+Kg09876+Di/QG5rUL2y8BzFnPJB8NK0fVDo3pD2XXkS/rVeecUbQtO2PGTpkRwRZRtIoJIHr9zyY=
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Andy

You may be one of the more tolerable members of the RSGB and I know you make incredilbly good, valuable and open source contributions to the hobby. For that I thank you.

Having said that, there is an insufferable group within the RSGB especially on VHF that make peoples life a misery when you or a group try to do things out of the ordinary but definitly not affecting any one else's use of the bands.

I can site an issue on 5megs would you believe, a band I thought that was clear of the deaded policeman since it was an NoV band and not a band hijacked by the RSGB. I joined the 5meg new band proposal discussion group only for that to start again. I just won't stand for jumped up people insulting me like that any more, sorry. So I resigned "no great loss" I can hear you say.

I have been licensed since the early 70's and built gear and operated regularly but I get very depressed when people still try to "Boss" you about in the name of the RSGB.

And anyway 51 quid a year is way too much and who's pocket does go into, one has the right to ask?

I know I am tollerated on this reflector and could be barred at the drop of a hat, so be it, but if an organisation like the RSGB can't look in the mirror it will never change, it hasn't in the last 40years so its unlikely to now.

And no I won't resign off this reflector you will have to push me off because this is the one bright light MF/LF and ELF.

73 es GL Pete M0FMT IO91UX