Re: VLF: DF6NM on 8970.002 - again tonight

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: DF6NM on 8970.002 - again tonight
From: wolf_dl4yhf <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 20:05:57 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Markus,

Maybe one of those annoying occasions where the soundcard (or its driver) decides to use a "slightly different" sampling rate for the ADC and the DAC, even if both are the same physical device (chip) ?

Here, for example, the sampling rate of an internal soundcard in a laptop makes a step change (!) when windows plays a sound through it, possibly with a different SR which is not an integer multiple (or fraction) of the sampling rate configured in spectrum lab.

If everything else fails, we'd have to route the output from the soundcard (line-out) back to one of the inputs, and form a control loop in software to eliminate phase glitches. With a GPS reference, we could (ab)use the soundcard to produce truly phase coherent signals, catching up to the original phase even after samples got lost for whatever reason.

73,
  Wolf .