LF: RTZ on 50 kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RTZ on 50 kHz
From: "Roelof Bakker" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 11:21:41 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello all,

MSF on 60 kHz is still off and I have had splendid reception of both JJY from Japan and WWVB from Fort Collins, Colorado, USA.
JJY was strong last evening and I have attached an ARGO screen shot.

There is also a carrier on 50 kHz and on closer inspection a much weaker signal sits 100 Hz lower. When I listen with my PRESEUS in a 20 Hz bandwidth, a typical time signal is audible with one second dashes. There is one time station mentioned on 50 kHz and that is RTZ, Irkuts, Russia with a radiated power of 10 KW.

Can anyone from Russia confirm that the signal on 49.900 kHz is indeed RTZ?

Thank you in advance,

Roelof Bakker, pa0rdt