Re: LF: Dream sampler

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Dream sampler
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:24:22 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=hQIRpEVFYv1WIjrFRsd/Xl5y5TY8vU4A84mjFQ5JecQ=; b=Mc6XPBzp9hFTvLpTog9lbD55dgcYDAgTUdB4hipn1zbPmFDtaBaDUsaqd7oSSJ3a+M DBX2awBeDz1raU5nmh6zNByMogCWFG7inhN+o7s1E/7ZqyOuZ82P+T5I5AqJUQ/eadOg k6jTli7DODfck8bFqzMFhNaroXhw0eqwj0ugu+MVhJUhOZGKo9CDDLLbniUwbo3Cx5u8 yHpvsfCXngtRFhfSfW1HFUCAzYG5X96lZ6XvSkFOxZKKEl6SmdCQMm3P4V3bKhb/p+OP GY44q30oCKNzCWRyAt8tsZT4Jeu+j1yDjRZ6wFwfLT9mHnuzohJx2OzSmzOm5lr/LmRB p4FA==
Sender: [email protected]
Johan,

I use your software SAQ receiver frequently for doing simple/quick noise floor measurements of my VLF receiving systems. Thank you so much for creating it.

In fact I have just this minute come in from the garden with my wife (!) holding various E-field probes in the air and me taking screenshots from my PC of your SAQ receiver receiving 0-22kHz. The screenshot attached shows the results with a 19 inch whip attached to a PA0RDT E-field probe feeding my PC.

It would be very nice to have a version with 8.970kHz as the default frequency rather than SAQ, possibly with even narrower selectivity options. For DX VLF amateur reception this receiver is not suitable, but for local earth-mode (ground conduction) tests at VLF it has proved very useful indeed.

73s
Roger G3XBM