Re: LF: Grabber grabber?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Grabber grabber?
From: Bill de Carle <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 16:50:40 -0500
Sender: [email protected]

At 03:29 PM 12/14/2011, Peter df3lp wrote:
Hi Mike,

You wrote:
So I am still looking for a way to grab screen shots from several
grabbers at once, and with file types including PNG and GIF.

Any other suggestions?

Use "wget": http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/wget.htm
That's all you need...

Peter, df3lp

That's an excellent suggestion. I believe there are still two versions available: wget.exe (DOS) and wgetwin.exe (Windows). If you use the DOS version you can run it on just about any old computer with a network-interface-card (NIC) and a DOS packet driver for the card. You'll have to write a batch script to go out every few minutes and collect the images but that's easy and fun. Put the DOS machine on a LAN so you can view the archived files from any other machine on the network.

Bill VE2IQ