Re: LF: beaconing to the west II ...and to the east, north and south.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: beaconing to the west II ...and to the east, north and south...
From: Bill de Carle <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 14:24:27 -0400
Sender: [email protected]

Stefan:
Just to be sure everything was OK, I transmitted (using a ferrite rod Tx antenna!) a marker at 136170.000 Hz and to my surprise, it showed up on your version about half a Hz low! I had not entered a close estimate for the 48000 sampling rate and apparently SL locked onto something else? I measured the actual sample rate at 48000.10944, entered that and thereafter the displayed line jumped right up to 136.170 Khz. My usr uses 22050 (which is actually 22200.0653), but I had already typed that in last night. I'm not sure how Windows XP handles things when two applications are inputting simultaneously using different sample rates. At this time both instances have the sampling rate correction enabled and the TS-850 is still set for CW mode 500 Hz narrow filter - that's the way your .usr file assumed it. At some point while I was measuring things SL appeared to redraw the LF_EU60 display and now both versions show the marker on the same frequency. Almost as if the two versions were comparing notes :-) I'll either take the marker away or turn it off if Mal wants to use that freq. I am using V2.77 b02 of Spectrum Lab for this test.
73,
Bill VE2IQ