Re: LF: Re: Effects of noise burst

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Effects of noise burst
From: Bill de Carle <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 20:00:43 -0400
Sender: [email protected]

Sorry Mal, nothing so far. The trace last night (if in fact it was DK7FC) didn't show up until shortly before 0100 UTC and only lasted 20 minutes or so.

If you haven't seen it already it's here: http://www.nrtco.net/~ve2iq/grabs/capt15.jpg

These things don't always happen at the same time every night. The good news is that it seems to be a bit quieter tonight and Stefan has kindly provided a better script for Spectrum Lab which includes some noise blanking.

You can see what I am seeing here: http://www.nrtco.net/~ve2iq/grabs/

Stefan is making it into the Haifa LF grabber but not solid all the time. Considering the distance from here to Heidelberg (some 6000 Km and a good part over land) I wouldn't expect a whopping great signal. I guess you're a little closer, perhaps 5300 Km? I am keeping captures on disk, so if you decide to retire early maybe you can just leave it running and we can check in the morning to see if you got through? Oh wait, I am just starting to see a signal now (2356z) on 136.172 so it looks like Stefan has turned up the wick. I think that's him, so maybe propagation will be better tonight and start earlier.
73,
Bill VE2IQ