Re: LF: ROS

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ROS
From: Scott Tilley <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 20:57:59 -0700
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mal

Your observations are consistent with the data I've collected over the past few years.   Fact is EU is the hardest path for VE7 on any band.

It's the competition that makes it interesting and there's some on this side of the path too!  I hope you and others take this up as it would certainly make 137 more interesting as winter approaches.

All jabs aside, I think this will be a very difficult path that will take a lot of out of the box thinking on 137, I personally have no interest in 500KHz due to politics on this side.  137 is the only challenge that matters here!

You have my commitment to ensure a viable RX station is here collecting data 24/7.  Once I see EU at amateur power levels I'll orientate a huge loop towards EU and pump up the volume...!  Verticals just don't work in a forest of 150' trees, but I have been working on a maritime mobile station to launch a vertical from a local islet about  a km off the coast in the middle of the salt chunk... Surely a vertical wet dream!

GL!

Scott