LF: Re: CW sked on 137 friday morning?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: CW sked on 137 friday morning?
From: Minto Witteveen <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 00:10:52 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:from:to:references:in-reply-to:subject:date:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-priority:x-msmail-priority :importance:x-mailer:x-mimeole; bh=hxB+wrGGlZX4JkqekUm9Y+cyVzLymf7LfSGIabHOLE4=; b=LOHjpLjcbq63tg2ZQs87YPXPWxrEgEpQ975nOI+XIUx6HPWDqcqk047giovekyIGSW bu8v7nkiRCfREoAk3jh2rRCyjyPXayWbv05ybTgqirMtK1C1LXjHhiUchnDJotZncCbp dg/TVp00pbo8Eaw3b9cpkDakd9uvYAly8inUg=
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Stefan,

I really cannot explain why I did not hear anything. But I will keep trying , and improve receive conditions where possible. I did eliminate two QRM generators, a Philips fluorescent lamp and an Alinco 30A switching power supply (these are really horrible, they even have a knob to adjust the ‘noise offset’ i.e. adjust the switching frequency. This should have tipped me off when I bought it…) At this moment I only hear band noise and a lot of QRN cause by lightning in Europe. The band noise is about +10 dB above the noise of the transverter and receive, tested by switching off the Miniwhip so I don’t think that sensitivity is the problem…
Currently I do not have the equipment to calibrate the s-meter of the Yaesu.
I will install and try Speclab to see if I can copy QRSS signals.
Just a question: How do you use speclab to measure the signal level of for instance DCF39 AND the noisefloor.. By measuring both and comparing? - but then I would have to disable the ALC of the FT817?. I can try /p sometime, go out in the fields far away from man-made noise, with the miniwhip, a 12 meter fiberglass pole, a 7Ah SLA, the transverter and the 817.

Regards, Minto pa3bca

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
-----Original Message----- From: Stefan Schäfer