Re: LF: CW sked on 137 friday morning?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: CW sked on 137 friday morning?
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 01:43:31 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Ah, forgot to mention the TX frequency: 136.8 kHz. I'm listening in a 250 Hz CW filter.
I'll call in QRSS too, maybe.
I cannot QSY my TX when using this UHF link...

73, Stefan

Am 05.08.2011 00:23, schrieb Stefan Schäfer:
LF,

I want to call for CW skeds now,i.e. for tomorrow morning.

After testing the UHF link today i was impressed by the silence of the LF band when beeing in the forest with the loop! The band noise is about 15 dB above the soundcard noise now, which is OK for today but not for a quiet winther sundday morning. BTW i built M0BMUs loop preamp and it works excellent too! Still have to compare the homemade RX to the 706+preamp...

DCF39 peaked 80 dB S/N in 1.5 Hz. The sferics were much louder compared to the background noise. Inbetween the sferics, CW reception would have been possible. I even heared some short beeps, probably someone was testing without hearing my call.

The UHF link works excellent! About 1 W RF power to a homemade 1/4 wave wire on the car roof was totally enough to reliable key the PA. Even normal CW is possible without problems. Just a few times the squelch opened unwanted.

When installing a large RX loop in the trees, resonated and matched to 50 Ohm, i can make a tour with the bike and just the netbook and the homemade RX (fed by the USB) and another 70cm mobile QRP TRX.

Tomorrow morning i want to do another test even farer away from the city, about 5 km, where my earth antenna is placed. I'll take the single turn loop again with me.

I hope to get a QSO partner then.

Will try to do something with the earth antenna as a RX antenna. A small PI filter should match and band limit the whole thing... 800 to 50 Ohm.

Is someone QRV tomorrow? Ah, i think about 8...9 UTC... Other suggestions? (no, no other hobby).

73, Stefan/DK7FC