Re: LF: VLF dj8wx on 8970.022Hz

To: [email protected], Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: VLF dj8wx on 8970.022Hz
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 16:20:12 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=NUEKYl10Y54RaCD3ZNzAQTrcUgeTOESxTUBRzAsCZA0=; b=mR7Evjnrtxc4AjJU09s9sS1nXlauSBNgT5oPX1rKpZhEWDrTnaDXirYf/lFdZ+nR/2 a4TRz6u02ljWFrfSQcjVarHY/sToj8EBZ1ncwSw5MQL5NULZv3orbWkjZ6SoFrpjFq0m /vb/1hA0Dq1CJ5XlX33QmlR59xdSuDWDIapnE=
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,

I enclose here the full wider band 3 day plot of the noise (and mystery signal) as received in 424uHz BW here in JO02dg near Cambridge. Do you have any comments please? The mystery signal appears on all three nights at 8.9701kHz. It looks like a little "hook" shape over about 4 hours.

BTW, the loop/preamp system is receiving the alpha beacons very well, typically 20dB over the noise. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDxRhQYg7lQ for a video showing alpha beacon reception using the SM6LKM software VLF receiver.

If the interference/noise at 8.9701kHz was natural then surely it would be amazing for such signals to exactly repeat 3 nights running at exactly the same frequency? OK, I agree the general background noise floor may be partly man made and partly the natural noise floor changing diurnally but the oddity at 8.9701kHz?

The grabber is currently OFF as I shall be away for a couple of days, but still in email contact.

73s
Roger G3XBM