Re: LF: VLF dj8wx on 8970.022Hz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VLF dj8wx on 8970.022Hz
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 17:01:13 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Roger,
Am 08.03.2011 20:51, schrieb Roger Lapthorn:
Nothing visible on my grabber https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15047843/xbm_grab.jpg yet this evening but I have a high noise level in the evening hours from lights, TVs etc.Leave the TX running overnight please as I hope to see your signal after midnight and through tomorrow morning. In the 423uHz bandwidth and with the slow scroll speed it will be more difficult to see than when you were sending a continuous carrier a few days ago.

Are you sure it is local QRM? Maybe its just the usual QRN that risies strongly in the evening. It is as strong as never before within this year now :-( And things will get even worse. We have to make QRO, faster than nature does it ;-)

To check the local QRN/QRM situation it would be helpful (and interesting!) to have a wideband screen from you. If you want, you could run a second SL instance simultaneously and upload the pictures. You know how the wideband windows looks, from grabbers like TF3HZ which is most interesting each day :-)

Also you may arrange a real website and store it on your dropbox. There you can include several pictures in one link, the link to the website :-)

Best 73, Stefan/DK7FC