Re: LF: VLF dj8wx on 8970.022Hz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VLF dj8wx on 8970.022Hz
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 19:51:32 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=JsnyJWJ1cVJxyv6vd0S/+qFlctY7JjLMQZrwBYd7Ml0=; b=gVDDzyNURPHaQvU6BOh0zthtzWQ2e+eFlGFrymOJmpxwZsejUIaaIT4ZJHuJVs4fla uG+0tPhyYMwPK7w9TQMVpi5naNYpHjcrsjOp8WOPnj3uaZycvbrIlGnQRm4nqUaGoocj 3UWxME3pas3xYqwF/Wei3dVX1UW4ie1nqd5YM=
Sender: [email protected]
Uwe

Nothing visible on my grabber https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15047843/xbm_grab.jpg yet this evening but I have a high noise level in the evening hours from lights, TVs etc.Leave the TX running overnight please as I hope to see your signal after midnight and through tomorrow morning. In the 423uHz bandwidth and with the slow scroll speed it will be more difficult to see than when you were sending a continuous carrier a few days ago.

BTW, you may want to try the simple ERP estimate I made on G3XIZ's signal using an assumption for the effective height of the Marconi to derive a radiation resistance figure and using the measured antenna current. Chris tells me that my estimate was within 3dB of the figure calculated using the fempto-Tesla measurements by Paul Nicholson. It won't be accurate but may give you an "order of magnitude" estimate (uWs or mWs). As you were copied by several UK stations at around 600-700km a few days ago you must be at least 20-30dB (?) higher ERP that G3XIZ whose ERP has now been estimated as between1-2uW by 2 different methods. I would be surprised if your ERP was not at least 500uW.

73s
Roger G3XBM