Re: LF: 8.970.025Khz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 8.970.025Khz
From: Gerhard Hickl <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 20:59:12 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Mal and group!

"A couple of Hz"....is way too much off for seriously transmitting on
VLF at low speeds. And low speeds are mostly required to detect the
signal. A drift of 100mHz is the minimum requirement for transmitting on
VLF, except you produce an outstanding strong signal at the site of
reception.

Generating the TX-frequency by SpecLab while locking at the same time
either to GPS (via 10kHz tone) or a stable VLF transmitter like DHO38 or
GQD enables you to keep the drift within 1mHz or even lower.

SO 954µHz/bin (for QRSS3000) or half of it for 6000 is a proper
resolution for receiving VLF.

73
OE3GHB
Gerhard