Re: LF: VLF - G3XIZ

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VLF - G3XIZ
From: Chris Osborn <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 12:49:17 +0000 (GMT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1293799758; bh=V4dfU7ng/tKUJdxCnHqHHGzbdDHR0wBfknORhrxNEtg=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=gbMdM/W2Aa2TM9uI/4ufcZ1BFviD6mrQDLId5+x/UgsrGofmE5NnCUnoYeTTkg62yJR6UHtAGudPpfatlLkiVatVFhHSwqoGLryD6ZMW0zLJ3XX4gdxv/2v0zYessMGieotmGf75gjNqKIwRMoCbbVDvsVQjGV8BR7w1fr+0uro=
Sender: [email protected]
Thanks for all suggestions and comments.

I quickly wound in and then rewired the aerial reel with heavier copper wire.
As Mal says the original wire was just too fine to work with.

I'm using 10 inch helium- filled  party balloons - 8 at present.
Intermediately placed balloons seems a good idea to spread the loading but they touch the aerial wire and then burst.

Again I'm up to 50m almost vertical with no wind.
The aerial current is ok too at 0.15 - 0.2A
I can tune the system by winding in/out the aerial wire but must remember to turn off the TX first - ouch!

I'm on QRSS 60 for a while but will revert to QRSS 600 soon

73
Chris G3XIZ