Re: LF: 8.97kHz NoV received today

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 8.97kHz NoV received today
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 10:05:57 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Victor
I have already heard a PA0 stn on 9 Kcs a couple of weeks ago, weak signal
on slow CW and last nite when I got into the shack in the evening there was
a stn testing carrier on/off for short periods, could be the same stn back
agn.
It seems strange in the UK a licence is needed for the audio spectrum
whereas those EU countries a few miles away across the channel have a free
hand.
Maybe they think these radio waves stop at the English coast.
The same thing happened some years back when CB was prohibited in the UK
whereas it was permitted in most parts of EU. Its hard to work out the
logic.
The new UK government are de restricting many of the past regulations and
maybe will look at Ofcom procedures although in EU there are also
restrictive practices like no permits for 500 Kcs in most countries.

de g3kev