Re: LF: G3XBM 500kHz WSPR test tonight - starting at 8pm UK time

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: G3XBM 500kHz WSPR test tonight - starting at 8pm UK time
From: Mike-WE0H <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 14:37:10 -0500
Sender: [email protected]

Keep in mind we are experiencing a solar storm right now and 600 meters will be up & down with good signals down to nothing at other times. This is a very bad night to judge the new antenna setup.

Mike
WE0H

Roger L wrote:
Dear MF/LFers,

As promised, I'll be testing my QRPp 500kHz WSPR beacon using the earth electrode "antenna" again from 8pm UK time this evening. I'll keep this running until at least midnight. Last night 4 stations reported me and I was able to decode 6 stations with best DX being PE1GRL.

I'd appreciate any reports, ideally via the WSPR database. With ERP appearing to be around 6-8dB down on the vertical (i.e. around 200uW) it is possible that quite a few more stations could copy me despite this oddball way of getting a signal launched into the ether!

Thanks in advance for looking for me.

73s
Roger G3XBM

--