LF: Re: Re: Changing solar conditions

To: "RSGB LF Gp" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Changing solar conditions
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:30:17 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1276857044; bh=kR3rkS6T8sDqb5hviTI3VHTBa1Kd+XZIbhgU8MvSn9Y=; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=NMylpfCO+CK9vGyymDgJTBlEAS3ICT+WwJyoW3vO7shBsAA0/vEhr5aLPJyvYdBUUqGnH2GUocANIoFL7wkU/RQ7tFq+K2/r119RyUwVMp77lrbu+4CktbIy9PE7dgtOOIeYSPe2fyYF9rkrH7l9jhxNIOuI5mDEiSCjS+aEdbQ=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=DKIM-Signature:Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=2SbnMuNAoVnc61h/TLifWvuFyMSmfTBNzIia6kna/axg9YXOgNF0rN1Tw3dsWGvhg46lB/beXuVWyes+U/+PSid4Kf4A/wUaMhOXkrAxhnsNIwiw3JgUY3+TenxCYcZzwW8sZCbVtvNqBXWp82mbHEF4LdZoWrCLeWdJWIofpW0= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
er No Dave, Mike WE0H was talking about DX effects in his posting, rather
than "trench telegraph" :-))   If fading is seen there must be skywave, even
from a ground loop............ ground-wave is of course unaffected. At a
range of 250 miles on 500k there will be a substantial skywave component,
even in daytime and high angle signals will penetrate further into the
ionospere before being returned so may be more sensitive to absorption than
say 136. Precipitated electrons can enhance daytime skywave but not at
geomagnetic activity levels we have seen recently.

Alan