RE: LF: Earth electrode loop and 500kHz ERP

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Earth electrode loop and 500kHz ERP
From: "James Cowburn" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 10:10:18 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Rik

I'm actually using an inverted L oriented E-W   7m/35m.   The vertical
portion is at the westerly end and goes up into a silver birch tree and
cross a branch at 7m and then goes in an easterly direction across my garden
through a porcelain insulator attached to an aluminium mast on my garage
roof.  The wire then slopes down for 3 metres terminated with a springy
bungee cord to allow for wind flex

The vertical end is linked to the loading coil (approx 500uh) and then
connected back to the shack via 60m of RG213.

SWR @ 502 is 1.2 and RL is -18dB  Impedance is 52ohms  as measured by mini
VNA

Rx is a standard ICOM IC 706mk2g.   ZLP interface to Dell D610 with integral
onboard soundcard.

The IC 706 is also used to transmit and generates around 15w of RF at 500khz

With best regards

Jim

Dr. James Cowburn
26 Birch Close
Broom
Biggleswade
Beds
SG18 9NR

T +44 (0) 1767 600522
M+44 (0) 7967 300152
E [email protected]

The information transmitted is intended only for the person to whom it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not
read this message.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than
the intended recipient is prohibited.  Consequently, this email is not
intended to be contractually binding.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender, return the message
as well as its attachments and delete the whole from any computer.