RE: LF: Earth electrode loop and 500kHz ERP

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Earth electrode loop and 500kHz ERP
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 10:56:52 +0200
Accept-language: nl-NL, nl-BE
Acceptlanguage: nl-NL, nl-BE
Sender: [email protected]
Roger, Johan,

I had a look at the WSPR data on june 16 between 18 and 20 UTC (daylight):

At G7NKS:  both G3XBG and G3ZJO are at 46km, G3ZJO was in average 3dB stronger
At M0BMU: G3ZJO (76km) is about 8 dB stronger than G3XBM (69km)
But I believe that Jim is using a loop for RX and  the angle between ZJO and
XBM is about 70 degrees, so that can cause some dB difference (depending on how
Jim's loop is orientated).

This can give a clue about the difference in ERP between Roger and Eddy.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T