VLF: 2km on 8,97 kHz using 6W TX power and a 120m earth antenna

To: [email protected]
Subject: VLF: 2km on 8,97 kHz using 6W TX power and a 120m earth antenna
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 16:44:31 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Dear VLF,

As mentioned in the subject i have done a test on 8,97 kHz today in the morning, where the natural QRN has it's lowest level during the day.

I used a 120m long wire antenna that was placed just on the ground. Since the earth losses were very high i have jut got 6W TX power out of my 300W PA.

See my detailed report with many pictures and the results on: http://www.iup.uni-heidelberg.de/schaefer_vlf/Earth_antenna_120m_transmission_2km_DK7FC.pdf

Today, there were transmissions at least by DJ2LF, DF6NM, DK7FC on the dreamers band. It seems we need something like a band plan soon, hi :-)

Best 73 and good luck, Dreamers!

73, Stefan/DK7FC