Re: LF: W1VLF 9 KHZ coil completed

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: W1VLF 9 KHZ coil completed
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 22:30:01 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hey Paul,

Congrats to that coil and the website! Believe me, i know about the work to wind such a coil. For me, it took 7 hours although i had a DC motor that rotated the water barrel for me. This gave up to 1 turn per 3 s :-)

Cardboard is very critical to high voltages, especially when it becomes wet (also the coil losses)! Be careful about that and keep it dry all the time!

You have now 178,8 mH. What about the rest? You told us, you need abt 350 mH if i remember correctly...

Is the PA still available?

Good luck and tell us about your records. Who is the next VLF stn, except W1VD?

73, Stefan/DK7FC