RE: LF: WSPR without an SSB TRX ? FRM Joe Taylor NPwinner

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: WSPR without an SSB TRX ? FRM Joe Taylor NPwinner
From: M0FMT <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 16:03:53 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1270681434; bh=PB9At3QOBg0W8Mmu7wQ9nKPTtjFIVNM1RmJFaZmHEkU=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=JU5n5zbR182k9T80op5ZrNeOaJbm3j1CDbdzKu+e2YBOJe/xraY07xTTVkfGU34hCE8jXwIW6oxT1nxhalFVYxkHqDcGbXAbOpymI6zmjoMMT0NWqH/9cCE76J5uIM6mh2B6F+wqbb8PzX/dc7dtCZkPD6b5px7cC4YcBXj0ERc=
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Eddie
I have mentioned your method of using the 74HC84 chip with two xtals in an earlier Mail. I think I understand that way of generating the WSPR signal but the "magic" is in the PIC program. Have you ever considered offering programed PIC because I would like to try your method. I am guessing the PIC just carries your call, loc and power and is not alterable with out reprogramming the chip?
Have you written your rig up anywhere? I saw the 6m experiment article but as far as I could see it was a means of eliminating the PC and soundcard the output being a 1500c/s tone 4 FSK phase shited.
Anyway a very interesting practical solution.

73 es GL petefmt