LF: Re: RE: WOLF - ready to RX

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: RE: WOLF - ready to RX
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:10:36 +0100
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btopenworld.com; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=SIWOKFqKJHjVSLVjjqx31/bHzRJ4S3hkmzASrw50B0ZeiG4QD2JV8xefbisyevgXpu0C5co0fMCygWxxf/t/aPLXyAOOcOw6xB3Zuoi4KKEoXEKYJC5hiOIXFgO0WDPauDmUAgpBOISFviLcscMVfEAMvF9f4NGi2w7SKr8zvFg= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]

Dear Jim, Roger, LF Group,

The M0BMU WOLF beacon is now running on 503.500kHz - I don't know what frequency G7NKS plans to be on , but would suggest about 100Hz spacing. If you are at reasonably close distance, and set up on the right receive frequency, you should be seeing a trace about 20Hz wide in the centre of the WOLF waterfall. However, for more distant stations, you can expect successful decodes even when there is no visible trace. It should be interesting to see how WOLF fares when trying to receive a weaker signal close to a stronger one.

Any reports will be very welcome.

Cheers