LF: QRSS / beacon test on 503.7kHz [resonators]

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: QRSS / beacon test on 503.7kHz [resonators]
From: "Dave G3WCB" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 20:21:37 +0100
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btopenworld.com; h=Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:X-MIMEOLE:Importance; b=5pnlMrIKziErQQiShAviiwGS2e5qrq7tioUvr2sYRR4MmPLN/tgYLTyJRzAqVh8PW8226KnYBJfwsFWCDlEukj/9E75uYJtsxxdRV+wV+Y1mE57EIGeB06o13oHlQX1Dw/6+4TR57U23U9yte+Wg/WXXyZpL7sp2LtP/Cq6dqes= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Rik, LF,
I use a Murata 1 Mhz resonator, divided by two for a 500 kHz
direct-conversion RX. It drifts about 10 Hz per hour, about the same as your
4 Mhz unit. It tunes the whole 500 kHz band with a 150 pF series capacitor,
and is fine for CW and other casual listening.

For transmitting, I use a 5040 kHz crystal divided by ten. This is a very
common reference clock crystal, and I found that if I unsoldered the top of
the can and scribbled on the quartz plate with a soft graphite pencil, it
tuned down to 503.7 kHz very nicely.

73, Dave G3WCB IO91RM