Re: LF: WSPR

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: WSPR
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 23:50:25 -0000
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btopenworld.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=SLvp/o+8bVecvVgmn9kFcq13yFv66yeI2qJCIM4o+hWNW9B/+bEWxIoyYq1p9g+psDwz2SsAjdhggONQBlY/bgWqjTaFqDRc4DBuzGny9gSv6MGsyj9sY80uWWcMAHoAl0sreeb/I9rRw59GkHSiDXfWqtmUsIJbNPkKnsrImcs= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]

Shouldn't they be marked as such by the program ? I have seen in the past some rows received by WSPR with the tag (bad msg)... but maybe it catches only some of the errors...

Dear Alberto, LF Group,

You can see some more in my previous e-mail. It seems to be quite common to see improbable callsigns popping up, especially when there is narrow-band noise present in the passband. I suppose since the transmitted WSJT messages are so tightly formatted and compressed, any gobbledygook that comes out of the decoder must be formatted as callsigns, locators, etc. But given the level of error correction, it does seem suprising that the decoder generates false decodes as often as it does. Perhaps the decoder is "trying too hard" to fit a valid bit pattern to noisy data.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU