Re: LF: new cw yahoo group

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: new cw yahoo group
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:16:15 -0400
Sender: [email protected]

Hi All,
I am inviting comments on a new mode that might help to satisfy both the "traditionalists" and the hankerers after new technology.

My project is based on the visual semaphore but using a two tone system to define the positions of the flags. The frequency of each tone would define the angular position of each flag. Ideally, the sending speed would bear a relationship to the sender's speech rhythms and would therefore be almost infinitely variable as between characters but have a mean speed suitable to the allowed bandwidth thereby giving the equivalent of "fist". A "space" tone between characters would be a fixed frequency to be used as a pilot tone allowing synchronisation of tone detectors.

I intend to call this system "Interupted Pilot Tone Dual Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave Semaphore Equivalent Signalling Telegraphy" or IPTDFMCWSEST" !

So may we please now end all these silly arguments about "appliance operators" while I return to local ragchews on my frequency modulated dishwasher and loaded dipolar strimmer!

73 de Pat g4gvw
QTH Near FELIXSTOWE, UK

Thought for today:

What politicians do for science, hopefully science will do for them one day!