LF: IPTDFMCWSEST I want that one ....

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: IPTDFMCWSEST I want that one ....
From: M0FMT <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 08:10:35 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: [email protected]
Brilliant

Petefmt

ps
Best laugh for ages.

From: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: new cw yahoo group
To: [email protected]
Date: Tuesday, 12 August, 2008, 11:16 PM

Hi All,
I am inviting comments on a new mode that might help to satisfy both
the "traditionalists" and the hankerers after new technology.

My project is based on the visual semaphore but using a two tone system
to define the positions of the flags. The frequency of each tone would
define the angular position of each flag. Ideally, the sending speed
would bear a relationship to the sender's speech rhythms and would
therefore be almost infinitely variable as between characters but have
a mean speed suitable to the allowed bandwidth thereby giving the
equivalent of "fist". A "space" tone between characters
would be a
fixed frequency to be used as a pilot tone allowing synchronisation of
tone detectors.

I intend to call this system "Interupted Pilot Tone Dual Frequency
Modulated Continuous Wave Semaphore Equivalent Signalling Telegraphy"
or IPTDFMCWSEST" !

So may we please now end all these silly arguments about "appliance
operators" while I return to local ragchews on my frequency modulated
dishwasher and loaded dipolar strimmer!

73 de Pat g4gvw
QTH Near FELIXSTOWE, UK

Thought for today:

What politicians do for science, hopefully science will do for them one
day!