LF: RE: NAVTEX interference

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: NAVTEX interference
From: "Gary - G4WGT" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:53:32 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi LF,

I have noticed a strange occurrence when looking back at my extended
frequency range of captures.

In most of the interfering periods the strongest signal has not, I repeat -
HAS NOT been at 518 KHz. Yes a 518 KHz signal has been present quite weak
but amongst the splatter the spurious signals on 514.5 & 513 KHz have been
very strong along with a very strong un-modulated signal on 516.525 KHz.

There have also been five similar spurious but weaker signals radiating into
the 500 KHz band but originating from a lower frequency than my SDR Rx can
is monitor. ie, lower than 489 KHz.

I am keeping all the captures & will continue to monitor & capture until the
problem is resolved.

Regards,

Gary - G4WGT.