LF: Re: Re: TA on 500kHz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: TA on 500kHz
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 07:39:07 -0500
Sender: [email protected]

Mal

We're on the same page. Unattended beaconing has it's place, though, for propagation studies.

All three QSOs with Finbar started with one or the other station hearing the other's beacon. None of the beacon periods were pre-arranged. When one end heard the other end well enough for an attempted QSO an e mail was sent alerting the other operator. In at least one case there was a delay (on my end) of at least a half hour in retreiving e mail while busy working on the bench. We completed the QSO nonetheless.

I don't see much difference between using e mail or an HF link, other than the HF link is real time. Once a QSO attempt begins all communication via these means must cease...unless you're attempting an X band QSO.

I'm home and available most evenings and will be happy to look for any T/A signals on cw, QRSS1, QRSS3...or any other mode for that matter.

Jay

----- Original Message ----- From: "mal" <[email protected]>