Re: LF: LMCW

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: LMCW
From: "John RABSON" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 07:13:15 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
I believe the term CW was originally coined to reflect the fact that you had a
continuous sine wave transmission when the key was down, whereas with the
previous technology (spark) you had a transmitted signal which was more-or-less
narrowband white noise.

And it does anyone remember some low-power HF experiments with a transmitter
whose frequency was stabilised by putting the crystal oscillator in the
operator's armpit?

73
John F5VLF/G3PAI