Re: LF: RE: 500kHz Distance

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: 500kHz Distance
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 08:56:35 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
I'd be interested in any further views to Laurie's proposal; I'am open to suggestions as to the power level, but it will be important to hit a target that is both challenging to the experimenter, helpful for continued propagation research and also one that will not provide too much risk for Ofcom in terms of coordination with

John,

a 10 or 20 Watt Tx power limitation would probably allow a few Watt ERP for big antennas (and low losses). But the poor guy with the small backyard antenna will not be able to reach 100mW ERP.
Maybe a "OR" limitation would serve best: 20W TX power or 100mW ERP
(meaning: you can use whatever power needed to get 100mW ERP but if you reach 100mW ERP with less than 20W you can "pump up" to 20W)

73, Rik  ON7YD