Re: LF: LMCW

To: [email protected], "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: LMCW
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 18:07:14 +0000
Cc: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Mal,

> Apart from the novelty of 500 kihz 160 m is a better band, does the same
> thing and with 400w in the dx area the world is your OYSTER!!!!

  Yes we are re-discovering what hams 100 years ago found out, the advantages
of the short waves for long distance communications. I recommend reading  "200
Meters and Down" by Clint B. DeSoto published by the ARRL. At the turn of the
last century conventional wisdom held that you needed high powered LF and VLF
for long distance communications, it was the hams that discovered short waves
could accomplish the same thing with much less effort.

--
73 Warren K2ORS/WD2XGJ/WD2XSH/23/WE2XEB/2
FN42hi