Return to KLUBNL.PL main page

[Top] [All Lists]

Re: LF: Front panel lettering ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Front panel lettering ?
From: Alan Ibbetson <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 22:34:19 +0100
Delivered-to: [email protected]
In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
References: <[email protected]>
Reply-to: [email protected]
Sender: [email protected]
User-agent: Turnpike/6.04-S (<7ZpEZ1eeE9Ulka1sdEdXKvpuS1>)

As someone already mentioned, water-slide decal paper gives a professional looking finish. There are varieties for both laser and inkjet printers. Your callsign suggests you are probably of a vintage, like me, who made Airfix plastic aeroplane kits as a lad. This special paper is very similar to the decals you got with the model planes: soak in water and slide onto the Hammerite painted panel. You need clear spray-on varnish (Humbrol) as well. A UK supplier for both paper and varnish is

There are loads of CAD programs you could use to produce the printed output on the decal paper. I like Front Panel Designer. It does a nice job on radial lines for rotary controls and suchlike. Ignore the stuff about machined aluminium panels, just print the artwork on your PC's printer. Download the package free from here

I don't have my own website and I suspect this reflector will reject jpegs, but I'll email you a photo of an example finished project off-list.

Alan G3XAQ

In message <[email protected]>, CHRISTOPHER OSBORN <[email protected]> writes
Any ideas how I can letter up the front panel controls ?

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>