RE: LF: Re: Front panel lettering ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: Re: Front panel lettering ?
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 18:10:31 -0800
Bcc:
Sender: [email protected]
and may I recommend John W1TAG's narrative on loops versus probes for calibration, and the how to do's measurements -

http://www.w1tag.com/LF_FSM.htm

Laurence 9V1/KL1 X
Tstorms 37C

From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Front panel lettering ?
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 23:07:59 +0100

Hi again Chris yes that how to do it. It is somewhat easier to use a loop
which is easier to calculate the output from a given field strength....Jim
is the expert at that !! He has done many measurements on 136khz. Dick
Rollema has built units for both methods. I am not sure whether they are
written up. One may be on the LWCA site.
Alan
> Shoot me down in flames but can't one make an RF probe to measure the
volts per metre at a set distance from the aerial and then work back to
deduce the radiated power ??

The average US Credit Score is 675. The cost to see yours: $0 by Experian. http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=660600&bcd=EMAILFOOTERAVERAGE