LF: Re: Re: Re: Antenna Tuning

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Re: Antenna Tuning
From: "captbrian" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 18:58:50 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
First thought

It occurs to me you could use a chap ole' length of wire as a temporary
antenna and cut bits off it until you achieved resonance with the minimum
series setting of the variometer. That would give you a feel for how far
away from resonance you are and thus how many turns  You may need to unwind.

Second thought.

You say both fixed and moving coils are divided in the centre.

Third thought.

Can you not tap into the joining wire at the centre and thus use half the
coil? That would give you choice of 4 combinations V/2 + F,   F/2 + V,   V/2
+ F/2,    F+V

Bryan  G3GVB